Take a Video Tour of this Home Below
This restored 1866 Italianate Home For Sale in Kalamazoo MI presents a great option to enjoy the some of the best historical features and character with the modern conveniences of a newer home. In addition, this home and 6 acres features a fabulously restored studio/home office barn that can make working from home pure joy!
More about this Gorgeous Restored 1866 Italianate
- The maple tress were planted around the house for shade and maple syrup production.
- The original shutters are still on the exterior of the house
- The current kitchen was the original dining room. It was large enough to feed all the farm laborers that were hired to work the farm
- The former kitchen is now the laundry room and a bathroom
- The 2 bathrooms upstairs were made from an original bathroom that was on the 2nd floor
- The den/bedroom at the back of the upstairs was a family living space for a separate family to live in while they helped on the farm
- The original doorbell is still in use in the foyer
- The gardens have been developed using the existing vintage plants
- Additional plants appropriate from the period have also been added
- The home was built by Dr. Joseph Tallman. We will be adding more information about the family history of Dr. Tallman in future posts.
Fill Out the Form Below to Contact The Veenstra Team
Jason Veenstra, REALTOR
The Veenstra Team with Evenboer Walton REALTORS
Your Kalamazoo Historic Homes Specialists!
(269) 350-5514 (office)
(773) 751-2206 (fax)
We live in an 1860s historic home and love helping people buy and sell them! .
We offer Kalamazoo commercial real estate services and advice through our partner, Jeremy Veenstra of NAI Wisinski of West Michigan
We offer free nationwide relocation and REALTOR referrals through our EXODUS Network of Christian Community Specialists.
This article and content is for general informational purposes and should be independently checked for accuracy. Information should not be taken as legal advice, technical or tax advice under any circumstance. Seek legal advise and representation in all legal matters.